Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Real situation #1 - Do NOT engage unnecessarily

From the New Straits Times - http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/NST/articles/23mid8/Article/index_html

"I had finished work at a mobile phone shop in Low Yat Plaza and was waiting at the station for my brother as he was coming to pick me up in his car from his shop at Pertama Complex in Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman.

"Suddenly, three men in their 20s pushed me to the ground and demanded my valuables.

"They had a knife and threatened to slit my throat.

"That was when my brother arrived and shouted at them, scaring them off.

My opinion: " GOOD JOB!! Keep your distance and scare off danger. That's what hunters do when they meet with wild animals, shout, wave and use fire to scare the animal off.

Kee Huon said his brother chased after the robbers... My Opininon: BIG BIG MISTAKE! Why did he do that? One versus 3??? Was he insane? Did he think he could take down 3 guys even if they had no weapons?

but returned shortly after with a stab wound in his stomach. My Opininon: Wreckless behaviour that led to a loss of life unnecessarily!

An important element of self defence is ASSUMING that your enemy HAS A WEAPON! So, keep your distance always! If your enemy runs away, just LET IT GO! Your life is MORE IMPORTANT!

It is so sad that such tragedy had occurred.

No comments:

Post a Comment